Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

White Out

As many know from previous posts, that when it came time to feed Max solids I opted to make my own baby food. This included his rice cereal - I cooked brown rice and pureed it with formula (to add the iron you would usually get in the boxed stuff). Recently I joined a group on Facebook that advocates removing any thing white from babies diet. And I found this link to an article that also supports this. Since neither of my boys enjoyed rice cereal, I had no plans on starting #3 with rice. He will get a fruit or veggie as his first food and I will introduce oatmeal as his first grain. I have read a lot on this subject on the Wholesome Baby Food Blog (link in the left hand column) and really believe that this is the best thing for baby.


I will get off my soap box now...

2 comments:

Kristie said...

It's a good thing your baby has brown cousins it will help with the white thing.

Susie said...

:0) Krisite's comment is a crack-up! I LOVED it!! I have "brown" relatives too so I can relate!! :0) Awh too funny! Any ways- my girls wouldn't eat the rice cereal either. I only fed them the fruits too. Then when they were big enough to eat anything I did that. I'm gonna check out this food blog- it's sounds good!!