Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow Day!

Here in the Boise/Meridian/Nampa, Idaho area we do not get snow like this very often...in fact I can't remember the last time schools were closed because of snow. The news was saying to expect 3-4 inches...those of us that live in reality expected 1-2 inches...we got somewhere around 8-10 inches depending on where you live. It has snowed of and on for a couple weeks, but never enough to really enjoy it...So Wesley was super happy this morning to hear we had plenty of snow for him and Max to go play in. After breakfast we bundled up (I could not find our winter coats...my brother came by a little while ago and found them for me but trust me they are wearing plenty of layers to stay warm though not necessarily dry). Oh, and this post is heavy on pictures but this way Greg can see them without me having to print them off and mail them to him.
Max loved being out in the snow, even though it was up past his knees and he had a hard time walking around - he fell down a lot but it did not slow him down, he would get up and keep going...sometimes he had to back out of the snow on to the sidewalk where it had been shoveled to right himself and then he was off again.

Wesley being a typical boy loved digging in the snow and pulling out and throwing the chunks. It was hard to convince him to come back inside.

Flower and Mushu love the snow, they play in it each year but it is not usually this deep. Both struggled to move without jumping but they too loved it and were hard to convince to come in.Raja being a baby and never having experienced snow decided not to venture out very far...in fact under the car watching was good enough for him - No amount of coaxing could get him to come play.







The front yard before it was shoveled and the boys attacked it.
The back yard, where you can see Mushu's early morning run.

Greg's grill, not using that anytime soon.

Chunks of snow kept falling out of the boys clothes as I undressed them...I threw all the wet stuff directly in the dryer.

My garbage can that is in no way getting back behind the fence anytime soon...My HOA can kiss my pregnant tush if they think I can make it happen. Lucky for them my brother also helped me get it into the garage while he was here...hopefully there will be no hate mail on this subject.

No comments: