Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

Whirl Wind Trip...

This past weekend I took a firm hold of my sanity and I set out to Utah, alone, with the two boys. We headed to my sister's tiny apartment in Provo to enjoy a weekend (well day really) of shopping and fun. The drive (both directions) went as smooth as they possibly could with an almost three year old and an almost one year old...I must mention that I did not totally think this whole trip through - going to the bathroom with two children and only one adult can prove to be tricky. All I can say is it is good the Max can stand...though not quite unassisted.
On Friday we headed (on time, I might add) and headed to my friend Susie's house in Twin Falls. Where we took a nice break and played and visited...over really yummy food from Cafe Rio (I have finally gotten my fix though it won't last long and I will be headed back to Twin Falls to get more). Here are pictures of the kids playing (My boys - Wesley and Max and Susie's girls - Paige and Maren).

Due to crazy traffic in Utah (I blame it on BYU football and yet another reason that I am not a fan), it was past bedtimes and tolerance levels (including Mommies) by the time we got to Aunt No-No's apartment. Being the great aunt that she is, Noel provided popcorn and Cars and then we went to bed. The boys woke at their normal times (I was not amused and as you can see from the picture, neither was Aunt No-No). The plan for the day was shopping and we are serious shoppers...and my boys held up rather well considering all the car time and store time - repeated several times. Luckily at the Park City outlet mall there is a couple parks where Wesley could play. And yes there was snow up there...I kept hoping that it would snow on us, but it did not.

One of our other Saturday adventures took us to IKEA so I could do some Christmas shopping for the boys...I love the toys you can buy there - they require imagination, not batteries. Here are pictures of one of my purchases...I am hoping that this helps ward off some of winters indoor boredom.

One last picture to add...yummy, yummy, chocolate covered cinnamon bears. Yes, these were a little gift for mom.

Can I just say that after the drive home I totally deserved these...It rained, it poured, the wind blew, visibility sucked, and then to top things off...it snowed on me. Luckily it did not stick/freeze to the roads.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Just a reminder I am the "Great" Aunt. Noel is just trying to follow in my footsteps and since my feet are much smaller she'll never fit into them. Hee Hee