Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Great Pumpkin

So, with every intention of doing better and having regular family nights. This Monday, Greg (with much prodding by me) and I gathered our pumpkins from the trip to the pumpkin patch and got to carving...
Greg is really not that thrilled that I am taking pictures instead of helping...eventually he got over it...well sort of.

Max wasn't so sure at first, and then he knocked over the bowl of pumpkin guts. As you can see he thought he did something wrong, I of course laughed and took a picture...then he was happy to play.
Max had a grand time with this process.
I am not so sure Greg should have been allowed to have a knife...does anyone else think he has a slightly crazed look in his eyes?

Wesley really wanted nothing to do with carving pumpkins. But once he saw Max having fun, he decided to join in and then there was no stopping him...he really truly did start to have fun.
Here the boys are playing with the newly carved pumpkin, both were happy as long as they had a spoon to play with...just like Mommy and Daddy had.
Notice the mess on the floor and then all over Max.
Greg finally seemed to be having fun once he was able to start carving the face into his pumpkin. And then as he finished cleaning up the mess and the boys were in bed...I roasted the pumpkin seeds - I only slightly burned this batch...I will do better next time and I will make them spicier.
On our front porch...now if I could just remember to buy candles to go in them, I would be doing really good. Seriously, I have been to WalMart twice this week already and have forgotten both times.

1 comment:

Susie said...

We use glow sticks instead of candles!! You should try it. Then they can glow all kinds of colors- plus no blowing out because of wind and no burning fingers or pumpkins!! WE LOVE IT!!