Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Trunk or Treat...in the Rain

Last night was the our ward's Trunk or Treat...and it rained and it was being held outdoors. But I knew that there would be shelter so we put the boys in their costumes and we headed out to have a good time....
So, when I mention we planned to have a good time, I should reference that with the fact that Wesley was not happy about putting on his costume. He kicked and screamed and tried to get away from me. And being the good Mom that I am, I held him down and put the costume on him anyway because we were going to have fun.
Once the costume was on, he seemed to perk up and he did start to enjoy having it on or that fact that it would get him "candies"
Parading around with the costumes...Captain Awesome and Mighty Max.
Still part of the parade...notice the wet marks on Wesley's cape and pants. He loved playing in the rain...it did not seem to slow any of the children down last night.
Splashing in the puddles...notice the wet curly hair? He REALLY loved playing in the rain.
Getting ready for the candy...apparently the best part of the night in the kids opinion.
Wesley would rarely say "Trick or Treat" but he did say please and as he got braver...well then he just would reach into the bowls and help himself to whatever he felt like taking.
Max managed to stay dry but he so wanted to get down and play with the rest of the kids in the rain and puddles.
Picture of Max's Mighty Max cape (he is trying to get to the bath tub and does not want to stop for pictures).
So all in all it was a fun night...we headed home and straight for the bath tub to warm up the cold, wet bodies. And then all Wesley could do was ask for candies and then throw a fit when one piece was not enough...

1 comment:

Kristie said...

By the way I think the candy is the best part of the night. I also think I need a Kristie the Great cape since I am the Great Aunt.