Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam...

The catch? Wesley could care less about being a Sunbeam - he just wants to go back to Nursery and his routine. Have I ever mentioned that Wesley HATES change, and does not usually do well in new situations? Well Sunday was a prime example - change and a new situation all at once. Yes, Wesley turned three and it is time to graduate into the regular primary routine and I tell this story because I am sure that in a few years I won't believe it myself...

Greg had to go to work right before Sacrament Meeting ended so, it was me and my boys headed to the primary room together. As we approached, Wesley started to realize that something was not right and stopped walking, in fact he threw himself on the floor right in the doorway to the room. I got him back on his feet grudgingly and proceeded with my crying, tantrum throwing child into the primary room. I put him in a chair and prepared to leave - that is until he melted from the chair and onto the floor to continue throwing his fit. (I might add that this super cute row of three year olds all had tears in their eyes but I think that Wesley's stunning display kept them all mesmerized and cut down on more tantrums.) This continued through most of Sharing Time/Singing Time...and Max, well he entertained himself by pushing a chair into the class behind us - then a very patient, very nice primary presidency member took him to the Nursery to play (to bad I could not leave him there...he is only 13 1/2 months *sigh*). I took Wesley out of the room at one point to calm him and then we went back in - one of his teachers tried to hold him but he was sooo not cooperating. So, I walked him to the classroom and we waited for his class and then I left him...and he did enjoy class. Next week? Greg gets to take him and we are dumping and running - the teachers have been warned.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I like the dumping and running idea!! :0) LOL Someday I hope you can look back--maybe best when Wesley is in his adult yrs and maybe you could get a dinner or foot rub outta him!! :0)

Erin said...

What cute kids you have!! I love your description of the stunning display that kept the other Sunbeams mesmerized :) Seriously, good luck. It will get better...some kids just take a teeny bit longer than others.