Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

And just for fun...Here are a few of my favorite things - in no particular order...

Popcorn - some would say that this is a borderline addiction and really I would totally agree. I love popcorn, could eat it everyday and some weeks I do. I feel that it is a totally appropriate lunch or dinner (Greg does not agree) and in fact it was my lunch today and a couple weeks ago I did feed it to Wesley for dinner (don't ask it was not a good day). It is so bad that if I go to Target, the first thing Wesley asks for is popcorn because lets face it, we get it almost every time we go and he knows it. The addiction will continue for future generations - My Grandpa Meyers would be so proud.
I love how children can sleep pretty much anywhere. Yes, I have blogged about this before but it continues to be one of my favorite things and Max seems to provide many opportunities to see this. He is a stubborn soul and at times will fight nap time and then fall asleep in the most random places and positions.

Zucchini bread has become a fast favorite around our house. Wesley and Max both love it - and because it is made with a vegetable I consider it semi healthy. Recently we have discovered (thanks to my friend Erin) a fabulous chocolate zucchini bread recipe. HEAVENLY is the only word that describes it (and when the author of the recipe recommends it hot out of the oven slathered with butter...trust her and eat it this way). In fact this morning Greg requested that the only zucchini bread that I make anymore be the chocolate kind. I happen to love the regular as well so he may end up being disappointed.

I have recently become semi domesticated and have began making my own freezer jam. And thanks to my sister's roommate Andy, I have discovered how fantastic the combo of strawberry and peach is. So, good...almost like candy. I have also found that the plain strawberry (I make both) is wonderful on cornmeal pancakes. I now make these frequently to use as a vehicle to enjoy the strawberry jam. We all love them...Wesley with syrup, Max plain, and Greg eats them with various toppings. I wanted to take a picture before I started eating them but totally forgot in my eagerness to start eating, so you get the half eaten plate.

I am a huge fan of Half Price Happy Meals on Tuesdays. If you don't live around here and you local McDonalds does not do this you are missing out. We don't go every week but it is so nice to know that when it has been a busy Tuesday (and they randomly are) I can actually afford to treat the family to dinner out.


My cats...they think they rule the house. I love the mentality of cats, they have a superiority complex and it makes me laugh. I think that is why I have cats because I enjoy their attitude towards life.

Messing with Greg...it is so fun, especially the times that he doesn't realize that I am messing with him. Like these pictures of Wesley...I only have them to mess with Greg. Really, Wesley is 2 years old - he is not going to wear tiaras and bracelets forever, he doesn't know the difference yet. And with the picture of Greg - he did not even know I had taken the picture until I used it as his profile picture on Facebook.

And now for a moment of sappiness...I adore my boys. They are the best things I have created and they bring a lot of happiness to my life. They are also creating gray hairs and frazzled nerves but they are both worth every moment of craziness.

No comments: