Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cabin Camping

Ok...Let's face it, I am not a camper. I like the idea of camping but the actual roughing it part is really not for me. I wanted to do something over Labor Day weekend, so I invited myself and the boys along on my parents camping trip. Lucky for me they can no longer sleep on the ground and rented a little, rustic cabin (just two rooms with beds - nothing else, you have to walk to the bathrooms but a least there were flushing toilets and showers). We cooked outside and the boys, Greg and I had a fabulous time with my parents. Wesley literally spent two days rolling in the dirt. And Max, well I kept him as contained as possible but he still managed to stay dirt covered for two days as well.

Greg and I left Boise, later then planned on Friday and arrived at the camp grounds around 9pm. We unloaded the car, got the boys ready for bed, and basically went to bed. But we were there and ready for adventure.

Saturday was spent at Diereks Lake above Shoshone Falls. We swam, and played all afternoon. We also, forgot the sun screen and at least me and my brother Charles had mild sunburns. How the boys avoided anything more then pink noses, I still have not figured out. That evening we BBQ back at camp with both brothers and their wives. The kids got to swim again in the pool and then rolled in the dirt together. That evening before bed, Wesley got his first experience with Jiffy Pop popcorn - now him being a popcorn fanatic LOVED this part of the day.

Sunday we went to the Twin Falls/Filer Fair. It was a blast. And I now know where my terrible eating habits come from, as I my Mom and I proceeded to eat our way through the fair. By doing so, I introduced my boys to the pleasures of fair food. (I personally ate - mini doughnuts, cotton candy, a gyro, curly fries, soda, and an elephant ear...also purchased - hamburgers, sausages, and corn dogs.) As a disclaimer - all of the junky/sugary type food was shared. Wesley loved seeing all of the animals and being able to touch many. He also got to feed goats and sheep and the petting area. We rode a few rides, which again Wesley loved (Max joined us on the Merry-Go-Round). But I have to say that the part of the fair that Wesley LOVED the most was the model railroad - it is huge and he could have (and would have, if allowed) stayed there all day - in fact he would barely eat anything because all he wanted to do was go back and see the choo-choo's. After dinner that night we packed up to come home, Greg had to work Monday and so our vacation came to an end. The boys promptly feel asleep in the car and slept the whole way home (woke briefly when we stopped for gas) and really never woke up when we brought them in and placed to very tired, very dirty bodies to bed. Wesley kept repeating..."Welsey's bed, Wesley's bed".

Monday was a fun day as well. Greg forgot his phone, so that was our first stop of the day. After that we hit the stores with my SIL Sara. We had fun shopping the day away. At one point, while waiting for Sara outside a store - Wesley said "alright shoes...go" and took off running (I should mention that Wesley got new shoes that have Lightening McQueen on them because lately, Car's is his favorite movie). It was so cute and very amusing for me. Later that evening we met at Greg's sister DaVette's house for dinner (Mom and Dad Weyerman, Phillip, our family, and obviously DaVette, her boys, and Shawn). It was a great way to end a fabulous holiday weekend.

Pictures of the weekend will follow in a separate post.

No comments: