Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Angel with an Attitude

As I am writing this post my angel, aka Max, is suppose to be taking a nap. We will see if this is true later - he is quiet so I am hopeful. I have been thinking about this post for awhile but was reminded this afternoon why I was wanting to write this. Max can go from the happiest, most mellow baby on the planet to red and screaming in seconds. This especially happens when he is tired or hungry or a combination of both (especially loud and angry). He can seriously be playing happily on the floor with his toys, and suddenly burst into tears, all while still playing with his toys.

Pouting is one of Max's strong suits. My sister Noel, swears he looks like my Grandma Meyers when he pouts...Noel needs to be careful with this statement because one of these days Grandma is going to reach down and smack her. But oh that pout is a mile long. I may be a horrible Mommy but I tend to giggle at that pout, probably because Max looks so much like me it is like looking in a mirror from the past.

We have a nickname for Max, Thumper. He will get that leg thumping in the bathtub, in bed at night, in his carseat, in his bouncy chair, or while just playing on the floor. Usually a sign of happiness but it can also be the precurser to pay attention to me now.

It is said that attitude is everything...and if that is true Max has attitude coming out his ears. If he wants something (food, toys, sleep) or is unhappy about something (usually a nasty diaper or being left in a room alone for too long) - he wants the situation remedied now, not when Mommy and Daddy have a minute but now.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I think your Grandma Meyers is pretty proud of herself for training a child for you to be exactly what you need. :]

Xan said...

I can't believe my sister has a Mormon Mommy Blog. *soul dies*

Angie said...

Now Noel, What is wrong with that?? \"/ Sounds like Jaxon, he can be sweet and happy one second and then turn to complete red faced little devil the next. What is Grandma Meyers teaching these babies before they come??