Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Baby Food for Max

Friday in a valiant effort not to do housework, I decided to make many batches of baby food for Max. I have been making all of his baby food from the beginning and have been loving it. I tried to do this for Wesley but since I was working full time and lets face the kid ate tons of food (and when I say tons I mean tons...five Stage 2 containors of food daily plus cereal or yogart and of course his huge amounts of formula, 6 oz after each meal and 8 oz at other feedings) - I gave up and bought his food. Now two years later I am a stay at home mommy and have the time to make baby food. We will see as more children are added to the family how much time I have to continue this endeavor - though I find that it does not really take that much time if I plan ahead.



Below are the websites I used to get me started, they are full of great tips. The first is the best one for fruit/veggies and storage tips but I used the second one to get the needed rice cereal recipe - one where I would not need to cook new batches frequently.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/experts/fb/homemade_baby_cereal.html

In the process of cooking and processing the first of many batches. I had baked the sweet potatoes and pears earlier in the week to process when I had time.



My freezer is now full of food...just need a squash and green beans to round out the tasty treats. Below is Max after enjoying a yummy bowl of carrots and applesauce

1 comment:

Janetta said...

Looks like he's a healthy eater. Way to be on the baby food. I added those to my favorites on my computer...I'll check them out. Good thinking! Did you do that with Wesley too?