Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Table and Chairs

Many years ago, my Grandfather was working as a janitor in a school. And they were getting new furniture in the classrooms - the table in the background was one they were getting rid of, so he brought it home for his family to use. As a child, I remember coloring on this table when we would visit my grandparents. When my grandparents moved from California to Washington, the table came home with my Dad, and for many years my younger siblings continued to use it to color on. At one point my Dad tried to sell the table at a garage sale, he was even successful but the person (who paid) never returned to pick it up. He was getting ready to sell it again or donate it, when Greg and I decided to take it for our boys, I could not stand the though of it leaving our family, and I had a new home and space for it. I have been searching for about a year for chairs to use with the table but have not found any I like. A couple weeks ago, Greg spent the day with his Dad, and they made the chairs that Max is sitting on. I am happy that another generation of kids will get to use the table.
Max LOVES the chairs and sits on them constantly. They are the perfect size for him and he can climb up on them himself...I have to remind him that they are for sitting not standing.

Below is Wesley...sporting his future Uni Bomber look. I don't know why he insists on always wearing a hood when there is one attached to the clothing...

The cute girls that I watch during the week...they are a ton of fun and all of the kids play well together.

1 comment:

Susie said...

I LOVE the table and chairs!! I noticed the table in an earlier post. Sentimental things are the best I think!!