Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Party

On Friday the Thirteenth we celebrated Max's first birthday at his Grandma and Grandpa Weyerman's house (because my house is just too small for that many family memebers to gather in for any length of time).  We had a fun time with all the family members that came.

I made the above cake for Max to mess up...and the below cupcakes for those that prefered them to the yummy cake that my Mom made.

The Monkey cake made by Grandma Alton...she is very talented and loves (well at least I think she does) making cakes for her Grandbabies.

The six pictures below are of Max and his cake...really he just wanted to play with the candle while it was lit.  But in the end he got the hang of it and had a good time.  Wesley helped blow out the candle and then for a child that would not touch is birthday cake when he turned one, he was very interested in his brothers cake.  Max never did eat any of the cake but the frosting is usually the best part any way.



And don't worry about Wesley, he got a cupcake and proceeded to lick off all the frosting before eating the actual cake.  The next day he informed me that the sprinkles were awesome.

And here are some pictures of the presents...Greg and I got Max is own train because Wesley can not seem to figure out how to share his.  Max still wants to play with the ones that Wesley has...oh well, they will figure out some day.  Grandma Alton made the stuffed moose, Aunt Kristie picked out the blue shirt and Grandma Weyerman picked out the moose outfit.  Uncle Charles and Aunt Sara gave him the ferry boat and not pictured is the gift from Aunt DaVette, a fun alphabet worm.

I am calling this picture... "I am so done with my first birthday"

1 comment:

Susie said...

I love his birthday cakes--VERY cute. I especially loved his #1 cake. What a fun idea to whip the frosting like that and the little sprinkles-- so fun!! Looks like for the most part it was a GRRRRREAT day!!