Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

Over Achievers

My two boys are over achievers....well at least when it comes to cutting teeth. Wesley got his first two teeth at six months - Max got his first two at seven months. Fine nothing out of the ordinary there. For Wesley a few weeks go by and BAM! - SIX teeth show up all at once. Yes that is right SIX teeth, making for a grand total of eight teeth by eight months old. Now this was good and bad. Good because it was all over and done for a couple months, not drug out getting one tooth here and one tooth there. Bad because of how torturous it was to have them all show up at once. Sleepless nights, running nose, and in the end a double ear infection (for a while each tooth cut was followed by an ear infection for Wesley). Fast forward two years to Max and he is now trying to keep up with big brother, granted he is slightly behind being that he is eight months and only has two teeth (yes, cut within days of each other). But last night, while he was screaming at me for changing his diaper instead of feeding him, I noticed that he had FOUR teeth breaking through the top of his little mouth. And suddenly it all made sense...the cranky baby, the sleepless nights, and the snotty nose. So, here I go again with a second over achieving son. Perhaps some day I will have a child that can do things the "normal" way and only cut one tooth at a time.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

You poor thing! I've been very lucky with Savannah, she's been quite pleasant for the most part with her teeth coming in. Thanks again for dropping off my manual. I got your message and didn't need it that night so I was planning on getting it at church. Then I was going to stop by and didn't. When you did I had just gotten out of the shower and wasn't sure if I actually heard someone at the door, the message confirmed it. Your the best.

Kristie said...

Guess what your part Meyers and so that should tell that your children will never do things in a normal way. HeeHee